CRAB FEED Fundraiser Event – For the General Fund
Saturday, January 25, 2020.
You may have missed out on the Crab Feed reservations, but you can still win a great Raffle prize at the event or bid on a wonderful Silent Auction item.
BUY your raffle tickets from Sela Seleska – Send her $50 for one raffle ticket or $100 for three tickets. Make checks payable to SWC. Your name will be placed on your ticket(s) and winning tickets will be drawn at the event. You will be notified promptly if you win.
BID on a Silent Auction item. Barb Sutak will represent “you” at the auction as the bidding happens. She will make your bid(s) at the event according to your instructions just as if you were there. Read how that’s done (see below).
Raffle Prizes (revised list) will be awarded by a DRAWING and include:
Condo on Big Wood River, Ketchum, Idaho – Donor, Elizabeth Nelson
- 3 bed/3bath – sleeps 6
One week (Spring or Fall)
You can fish for trout right off the desk!
Terramar Beach House in Carlsbad, CA – Donor, Dana Whitson
- 3 ensuite bedrooms – sleeps 8
Residential setting on the beach side of the highway
45 minutes from downtown San Diego
One week (confirm with Dana)
Value: $2,500-3,500 depending on season
Silent Auction Items
will be AWARDED TO THE HIGHEST BIDDERS:
- Beef Tenderloin Dinner for 8 at the Winner’s Home Prepared by Ann Arnott & Mori Fischer. Value: Priceless
- Dinner for Two at House of Prime Rib with bottle of wine. Minimum bid $100. Donor: Marion Olin Betz.
- Scott of Sausalito – Makeup Session and Blow Out. Value: $100.
- Athleta Tights, one pair. Value: Up to $100. Donor: Mori Fischer.
- Original Painting “Silver-Faced Wyandotte” by Artist and Donor Heidi Snowden. Value: $300.
- Spanish Table “Paella” Gift Basket – Value: $100. Donor: Tanya Booth.
- Prosecco (3 Assorted Bottles). Minimum Bid $88. Donor: Johanna VanderMolen.
- Timmy Woods “Flag Peace” Vintage Crossbody Collectible Handbag. Value: $175. Donor: Yvonne Spencer.
- Pilates Sessions (3) on Caledonia with Georgia Kalnin. Value: $300.
- One Private Pilates or Gyrotonic Session with Lisa Moore Shields. Value: $120.
- Gift Basket from Shari Hansen’s Farm (2 Bottles of Cabernet, Organic Olive Oil, Meyer Lemons, Dried Persimmons, Preserves & Jams). Value: $150.
- A sail for 2 on the Freda B. Value: $150. Donor: Arliss Willis.
SPECIAL Auction Item – Bidders MUST BE MEMBERS TO WIN THIS AUCTION ITEM:
- Puerta Vallarta Elegant Ocean Front Condo (4 Br/4 Ba – Sleeps 8).
One-week (June or July 2020). Value: $3,500.
Minimum bid: $1,000.
Donor: Bonnie Penprase.
MEMBERS ONLY MAY BID ON THIS ITEM
Silent Auction Rules
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN
Silent Auction Bids can be placed BY YOU at the Event OR by Barb Sutak at the event pursuant to your EMAIL instructions. Email bids to Barb Sutak must include the following information:
- A) Your full name and contact information including: name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address,
- B) The complete description of the Item you want to bid for (see descriptions of the Auction items below),
- C) Your Opening (starting) Bid amount in whole dollars,
- D) Your Incremental bid amounts, if any, at which you wish to increase your bid on each item up to your maximum bid amount per item
- Auction Bid Item: “Beef Tenderloin Dinner for 8 at the Winner’s Home Prepared by Ann Arnott & Mori Fischer”
- My starting bid for this item is $500.
- Increase my bid at $100 increments above my competitor’s bid up to a maximum bid of $1,000).
- E) Your opening bid will be placed on bid list for the item prior to the start of the auction, and if other bidders are bidding against you, your authorized bid increases will be recorded for you on the bid list in increments in real time during the auction. Your bid amounts on the item will be placed up to your maximum bid, if necessary, to win. If your highest bid limit is less than your competitor’s highest bid, you will not win the item.
- F) Auction Items will be awarded to the highest bidder.
- G) If, for some reason the highest bidder does not claim their item, we will contact the next highest bidder until a winner is identified.
A Request for Flower Donations
We are requesting “flower donations” of red flowers and white flowers from members with gardens for the table center pieces (camelias would be terrific). Please contact Linda Banks or Barb Sutak.