DONATIONS TO WILDFIRE VICTIMS
If you’d like to donate to the recent victims of California’s devastating wildfires, here are some organizations you can contact to do so:
- American Red Cross Disaster Relief – redcross.org
- California Fire Foundation – cafirefoundation.org
- California Community Foundation Wildlife Relief Fund – calfund.org
- California Disaster Fund – firstname.lastname@example.org
- California Wildfire Relief Fund through the Global Giving Foundation – www.GlobalGiving.org
CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION ON THE SAUSALITO FERRY
This program has been cancelled as the Sausalito Nursery School will not be participating this year.
BANSHEE WINE TASTING
The Sunday, January 19th Banshee Wine Tasting is cancelled.
THE SWC GIVING TREE
Support our Local Public School Teachers!
With your donation, we hope to provide an Amazon gift card for each of the teachers at Willow Creek Academy and Bayside MLK Academy. The gift cards allow the teachers to purchase materials for their classrooms.
For each donation we will add another ornament to our GIVING TREE!
This program is in its fifth year and has been a great success and is much appreciated by the teachers.
Suggested donation: $20.00
Sponsored by the Community Enhancement Committee of the Sausalito Woman’s Club.
- You provide the free rides using your own car. Mileage reimbursement available.
- Flexible! Choose the location, time and day that works for you.
- Volunteers review and accept rides online.
BAYSIDE/MILK VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS PROGRAMS
How you can help: Volunteer
- Visual Arts – help in classes or after school – contact: email@example.com
- Music – Lessons or provide performance opportunity – contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Theater & Dance – contact Arts Liaison, Ellen Franz with ideas – contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate (and receive a tax deduction)
- Musical instruments – contact email@example.com
- Art Supplies – The art studio is in need of magazines (sports & featuring people of color) and used wrapping paper (not holiday themed) for art making contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Gifts – contact: org or send it to The Center for Excellence – PO Box 643, Sausalito CA 94966
- Blossom started by supporting homeless women in the Bay Area by providing them with much needed sanitary products. To personalize this, they are asking for handwritten notes to accompany the products.
- You can help by picking up a card and write the message: “To one woman from another, we care. Be safe.” Your signature.
- Mail the card to: WeWork Civic Center, Attn: Blossom Project 1161 Mission Street, SF CA 94103
There are lots of ways to get involved or for more information go to: blossom-project.org
BOYS AND GIRLS CLUBS
- The “STAR Clubhouse” needs volunteers to help with homework, assist running programs, reading to members, playing games or organizing.
- For more information about becoming a volunteer, contact: Dana
BRIDGE THE GAP
- Volunteers and Tutor/Mentors are needed to support the education of Marin City Youth. Opportunities are available in the after-school and evening programs.
- For more information and/or to volunteer, contact: Pam Flores email@example.com – 415.339.9411 http://btgcollegeprep.org, click on Volunteers
- The Canal Alliance works to help low-income, Spanish speaking immigrants acquire the tools they need to thrive. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available.
- Contact: 415.454.2640
CARSS (Call a Ride for Sausalito Seniors)
- Drivers needed to provides rides for seniors 60+ or those with disabilities within Sausalito.
- Contact: Connie Captanian, Program Coordinator 944.5474
CENTER FOR DOMESTIC PEACE
- The Center for Domestic Peace leads a comprehensive effort to end domestic violence. As part of their work, they offer transitional housing to families in need. They have a “Wish List” of needs that can be accessed from their site and lots of volunteer opportunities.
- For more information, contact: centerfordomesticpeace.org
FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY BOOK STORE
- Volunteers are needed to shelve books, kibitz with customers & do general organizational chores. They are open Monday, 9 – 5, Wed. & Sat., 10 – 1. Drop-ins welcome.
- Contact Libby Wilkinson 332.0206
MARIN CITY LIBRARY – WISH LIST DONATIONS
OPEN DOOR MINISTRIES
- Volunteers: Quarterly Friday Hot Meal – either a main dish, vegetable or salad
- Volunteer Assistant Meal Scheduler – Contact Catherine Costas firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clothing Donations Welcomed – Contact Mickey Allison, 415.332.0201 email@example.com
Blankets, Quilts, Sleeping Bags, Bedding (flat & fitted & pillow cases), Bath Mats, Warm Jackets, Vests (fleece, down, polyester filled), Rain Gear (especially sailing quality), Warm Winter Items, Underwear (used but not over stretched) and Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner & lotions – travel size or partially filled larger bottles)
SAUSALITO HISTORICAL SOCIETY
- The Ice House Visitor Center & Museum hosts over 30,000 visitors annually. Volunteer docents are needed during peak hours in the Museum to welcome visitors and help them appreciate Sausalito history.
To be trained as a volunteer, contact: 289.4117 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SAUSALITO SISTER CITIES
- Sausalito has three sister city relationships: Vina del Mar, Chile; Sakaide, Japan; and Cascais, Portugal. Activities of the sister city groups vary and they welcome volunteers and participants in their programs.
- Interested members can contact the following for more information: email@example.com
- Sakaide – Dina Hatchuel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vina del Mar – Monica Finnegan – email@example.com
- Cascais – Cheryl Popp – Cheryl@PoppInc.com
- Sausalito Village is a “volunteer first” organization that provides services such as companionship, errands, pet care, etc. to members. Orientation provided.
For more information: 332.3325 or firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER IN THE LOCAL SCHOOLS
- Classroom volunteer; Tutoring/Mentoring; Cooking; Gardening; Reading; After School Clubs; Library, etc.
- Contact:Judy Kramer, Academic Support Manger, 10,000 Degrees: email@example.com or call 415.464.6068
- Bayside/MLK – Fred Silverman – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Willow Creek – Debra Fletcher – email@example.com
- There are number of ways to volunteer at Wildcare. You can become a Terwilliger Nature Guide or be a Wildlife Hospital Volunteer to name a few.
For more information or if you choose to donate, check out their website at http://firstname.lastname@example.org
WILLOW CREEK ACADEMY AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
- Willow Creek Academy’s After School program wants tutors and volunteers to help students with their homework. They welcome special presentations (historical, cultural, etc.) as well.
Contact: Steve Wiig, Director @ email@example.com or call 415.205.6481.