Want to be a Friend of the Friends?
Please donate any used books or DVD’s to the Sausalito Friends of the Library. Books can be left in the bin with the image below placed in the front hall of the SWC clubhouse. Proceeds from the sale of the books and DVD’s goes to the Sausalito Library. So, be a friend of the friends.
SWC VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Blossom supports homeless women in the Bay Area by providing them with much needed sanitary products. To personalize this, they are asking for handwritten notes to accompany the products. You can help by picking up a card and write the message: “To one woman from another, we care. Be safe.” Your signature.
Mail the card to: Tine Christensen, 25 Corinthian Court, #31, Tiburon, CA 94920. For more information go to: blossom-project.org
BOYS AND GIRLS CLUBS
- The MLK Clubhouse needs volunteers to commit one hour during either afternoon homework time or to their literacy program.
- For more information about becoming a volunteer, contact: Nicole Harrington, Branch Director MLK Clubhouse – email@example.com or 415.342.4116
BRIDGE THE GAP
- Volunteers and Tutor/Mentors are needed to support the education of Marin City Youth. Opportunities are available in the after-school and evening programs.
- For more information and/or to volunteer, contact: Jennifer Nichols, Volunteer Program Director – firstname.lastname@example.org, 415.339.9411 http://btgcollegeprep.org, click on Volunteers
- The Canal Alliance works to help low-income, Spanish speaking immigrants acquire the tools they need to thrive. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available.
- Contact: Mollie Squires for more information email@example.com | canalalliance.org
CARSS (Call a Ride for Sausalito Seniors)
- Drivers needed to provides rides for seniors 60+ or those with disabilities within Sausalito.
- Contact: Connie Captanian, Program Coordinator 944.5474 | firstname.lastname@example.org
CENTER FOR DOMESTIC PEACE
The Center for Domestic Peace leads a comprehensive effort to end domestic violence. As part of their work, they offer transitional housing to families in need. Their “Wish List” includes:
- Six (6) Brand New Cooling Pillows
- Lamps (any kind)
- Pots and Pans
- Vacuum Cleaners (8 are needed)
- New Brooms and Dust Pans
- Dust Mites & Bed Bug Mattress Protectors (all sizes)
Contact: Marla Hedlund, Development & Community Relations Manager 526.2543 Mhedlund@c4dp.org
FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY BOOK STORE
- Volunteers are needed to shelve books, kibitz with customers & do general organizational chores. They are open Monday, 9 – 5, Wed. & Sat., 10 – 1. Drop-ins welcome.
- Contact Libby Wilkinson 332.0206
MARIN CITY LIBRARY – WISH LIST DONATIONS
- Contribute to the Marin City Library by donating from their “WISH LIST” below.
- Contact Diana Lopez, Librarian 415.332.6158 or DLopez@marincounty.org
- Bike locks with keys – $19.99 each
- Sensory ball set – $34.99
- Tactile Number Match-Ups – $14.99
- Science Specimens Sorting Center – $39.99
- Shake & Reveal Science Cards – $29.99
- Design & Build Engineering Centers – $119.00
- 32 Cubbie Mobile Tower – $691.99
- Display shelves – $309.99 for the 49” x 16” x 16”
OPEN DOOR MINISTRIES
- Volunteers: Quarterly Friday Hot Meal – either a main dish, vegetable or salad
- Volunteer Assistant Meal Scheduler – Contact Emily Riddell, 415.289.0805 email@example.com
- Clothing Donations Welcomed – Contact Mickey Allison, 415.332.0201 firstname.lastname@example.org
Blankets, Quilts, Sleeping Bags, Bedding (flat & fitted & pillow cases), Bath Mats, Warm Jackets, Vests (fleece, down, polyester filled), Rain Gear (especially sailing quality), Warm Winter Items, Underwear (used but not over stretched) and Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner & lotions – travel size or partially filled larger bottles).
SAUSALITO HISTORICAL SOCIETY
- The Ice House Visitor Center & Museum hosts over 30,000 visitors annually. Volunteer docents are needed during peak hours in the Museum to welcome visitors and help them appreciate Sausalito history.
- To be trained as a volunteer, contact: 289.4117 or email@example.com
SAUSALITO HISTORICAL SOCIETY SCHOOLS’ PROGRAM
- Volunteer docents are needed to work with third grade students at Willow Creek and Bayside schools in exploring Sausalito’s history and what part the students play in it. Docents make classrooms presentations, reenact snippets of history and lead field trips. No teaching experience required and minimal training needed.
- Contact: Susan D. Frank @ 415.517.2035 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call SHS @ 415.289.4117
SAUSALITO SISTER CITIES
- Sausalito has three sister city relationships: Vina del Mar, Chile; Sakaide, Japan; and Cascais, Portugal. Activities of the sister city groups vary and they welcome volunteers and participants in their programs.
- Interested members can contact the following for more information: email@example.com
- Sakaide – E.V.Gilbreath – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vina del Mar – Monica Finnegan – email@example.com
- Cascais – Cheryl Popp – Cheryl@PoppInc.com
SAUSALITO TREES AND VIEWS COMMITTEE
- The Trees & Views Committee is seeking applicants to fill two vacancies. Committee members attend monthly meetings to primarily review tree removal & alteration permit applications and render advisory decisions of view claims.
- Contact: Katie Laufman 289.4106 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sausalito Village is a “volunteer first” organization that provides services such as companionship, errands, pet care, etc. to members. Orientation provided.
- For more information: 332.3325 or email@example.com
VOLUNTEER IN THE LOCAL SCHOOLS
- Classroom volunteer; Tutoring/Mentoring; Cooking; Gardening; Reading; After School Clubs; Library, etc.
- Contact: Marin School Volunteers: 499.5896 www.mcsv.org
- Bayside/MLK – Fred Silverman – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Willow Creek – Doris Warden – email@example.com
- Feeding wildlife patients is a top priority at Wildcare. Recently, Wildcare’ lost a significant amount of animal food and supplies due to flooding from the rains. There are several ways to help them:
- Donate – www.wildcarebayarea.org
- Provide gift cards to Safeway, Costco and Nuts.com
- Donate heating pads without out auto shut-off.
- Donate Fleece or Flannel material (incl. sheets)
For more information, check out their website at www.wildcarebayarea.org